Accredited Management Teacher (AMT) Certification
The Accredited Management Teacher (AMT) Certification is administered by Centre for Management Services of AIMA, New Delhi since 1996. AMT is an objective assessment of academic achievements and professional experience in teaching, research, consultancy, training, industry, business etc.
The AMT designation becomes the formal recognition of certain required level of proficiency in providing quality management instruction.
"Applications are invited for Accreditation"
About the AMT Programme
All India Management Association (AIMA), established in 1957, is a core body of management professionals comprising of around 3000 corporate members and 30,000 Individual members. AIMA provides leadership in all areas of management profession and education.
AMT was initiated to provide a common forum where practising managers, consultants, management teachers and Business Schools could come together to fulfill the need of full time resource / visiting faculty to various B Schools.
Due to the proliferation of business schools, there is a need for a large number of full time / expert resource / visiting faculty to provide instruction in several business schools all over India. Today, a minority of upcoming business schools are consciously striving to achieve uniform academic standards through the academic inputs provided by a pool of committed and proficient management teachers.
The Accreditation is a:
The Accreditation Process
- Hallmark of the basic comprehension and ability to provide quality instruction for the 'Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK)' courses of MBA curriculum as per the norms stipulated by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, New Delhi.
- Prestigious national recognition
- High level of proficiency for teaching the management in his / her area of specialisation and familiarity with the latest pedagogical tools / instructional methodologies.
The registration procedure is as follows:
- Application form is free of cost. The form can be downloaded from our website (www.aima-in). It can also be sent on request.
- Attach two passport size photographs, self attested copies of certificates with the form.
- Select the field of specialization in the form. The certificate will be issued in the area/specialization mentioned in the application form as ‘Core Area of Specialization’ only.
- Submission of the form and registration fee to AIMA, New Delhi. The application has to be completely filled and submitted at least three weeks before the scheduled date of interview.
- Applicant needs to prepare a presentation related to his/her field of specialization.
- Applicant needs to present himself for the panel interaction on the scheduled date and time at AIMA, New Delhi.
- The result of the certification process will be communicated after three weeks from the date of interview.
Benefits to AMTs
AMTs brief resume shall find its due place in the database of full time / resource / visiting faculty members and the B Schools shall have access to this exclusive database. Name specialisation and contact details of AMTs are placed on AIMA website.
- The AMT applicant adds value to his/her profile by getting the prestigious certification of AIMA. The Management Institutions utilise the data of AMTs for their academic assignments. The data provides them a ready reference of certified faculties. AMT data is also refered by the corporates for their consulting or research purposes. For Management Development Programmes and Trainings also, corporates utilise the data of Certified Management Teachers of AIMA.
- By becoming an AMT ample opportunities shall unfold in the areas of teaching, research, training and consultancy. It helps in networking with management academics, consultants, practitioners and business schools across the country.
AMT certification is for those eligible candidates who have an industry or academic experience and aptitude for management teaching. They have to present themselves before AMT accreditation board for becoming an Accredited Management Teacher
Post Graduate Degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to management education.
Post Graduate level regular teaching experience of minimum 3 years.
Industry / consultancy / training / research experience of minimum 5 years.
Experience will be counted subsequent to achieving the requisite PG Degree or equivalent qualification.
Additional weightage given for:
The Accreditation board comprising highly reputed academic from institutes of excellence, senior practising managers and consultants with proven track record would conduct interviews with candidates to assess his/her knowledge base, teaching style and familiarity with pedagogical tools.
- Consistently good academic performance up to postgraduate qualification. Doctoral qualification relevant to management / business administration subjects is desirable.
- Academic distinction / achievements in the area of specialization.
- Study materials development in the area of specialization (teaching notes,
case studies, working papers, monographs, textbooks etc.)
- Contribution to body of knowledge through publication of research articles and research concentration in frontier areas of management.
- Use of innovative pedagogical tools during the presentation like computer, role-plays, case methods of teachings, business simulation etc
The Accreditation Board comprising of highly reputed academician from institutes of excellence, senior practising HR heads and consultants with proven track record conduct interviews with candidates.
- The accreditation assessment has the following focus areas:
- Academic Achievement & Professional Experience
- Depth of Knowledge
- Conceptual Clarity
- In-depth, knowledge of specialisation area
- Knowledge of latest practices and cases in specialisation area
- Awareness level with reference to current literature
- Communication and presentation skills
- Teaching Methodology / Use of pedagogical tools
Registration fee is Rs.5000/- (non-refundable) inclusive of 18% GST.
Payments of application fee of 5000/- can be made through credit cards / debit cards as explained during the process of online application.